Monday, January 24, 2005

Loose Ends: Chili and Iron Maiden

I almost forgot to fulfill a couple of promises I made Saturday night. I'm posting it here, because it might be of general interest:

For Margaret: You can find a pretty close approximation of my Cincinnati Chili here. A few things: 1) I don't know what the hell "garlic toe" is, and I don't want to. I throw in 5 or 6 crushed garlic cloves; 2) If you want to increase the heat, do it by using more chili powder - I don't use whole red peppers; 3) I usually put a little sugar in there to accent the sweetness of the beef; 4) Don't use lean beef; use a fattier beef like one with an 85/15 ratio. It makes a big difference, and you can always get heart surgery; 5) Serve it over spaghetti (for some reason, this recipe doesn't mention that); 6) Don't let Sisyphus cook it.

For Saint Paul: Here's the link to the NRO article by John Miller that I mentioned, making it acceptable for thirty-odd year-old responsible adults to listen to Iron Maiden.

Enough with the MOB party redux. Tomorrow I'm back to ridiculing stupid people.

No comments: