Saturday, March 19, 2005

Bloggers are 'Little Goebbels's' to the Press Release Queen

I am vesting myself in the mantel of 'Chief Fisker' in response to LearnedFoot's call regarding the Tamara Baker garbage in today's Strib.

In this piece, we have the classic example of the pot calling the kettle black. Baker's whole point is that Conservatives want to get rid of a free and independent press, in favor of a media and message that they can control ala Stalin and Hitler. Pardon me, Tamara, but did you watch any of the national news broadcasts over the past three decades? Ever pick up the New York Times or the Washington Post? Tell me the 'Old Gray Lady' is fair and balanced!

Baker is an alarmist when it comes to Conservatives taking over the media. She has warned all of us on many occasions that we are headed toward an Orwellian nightmare, where George Bush controls the news and 'it's all good, all the time.' I cite these 'press releases' Baker has composed for public consumption. These are but the first few I found with a simple Google search:

MAJOR PRESS RELEASE NUMBER ONE FROM TAMARA BAKER

MAJOR PRESS RELEASE NUMBER TWO FROM TAMARA BAKER

MAJOR PRESS RELEASE NUMBER THREE FROM TAMARA BAKER

Her latest drivel in the Strib is aimed at bloggers. Apparently we are the vanguard of a new effort to wrest the printed word from those who write in the public interest. It's funny, but I haven't had any contact from the White House about this. I haven't been given my assignment.

No comments: