Monday, March 14, 2005

Gratuitously Cheesing Off the Domers

The NCAA men's basketball tournament field was announced yesterday.

I am now pouring over the brackets:

Looking... Looking...

Ah yes, there's Minnesota. Good show!

Looking some more....

Oh, there's Notre Dame. Quite a high seed for a "bubble team". This doesn't seem right...

D'oh! I'm looking at the women's bracket. [LearnedFoot shakes his fist] Damn you, Title IX!!

Ok, here's the men's bracket.... Yep there's Minnesota. An 8-seed in the toughest bracket? Whatever. But I'll take it.

Where's Notre Dame?

Looking...

Looking...

Notre Dame does have a basketball team, right? Oh, sure they do. I remember the glory days of a plucky young squad coached by Digger Phelps and led on the court by that cager for the ages, Kelly Tripuka (who inspired that famous line: "win just one for the 'puker").

Looking...

I can't seem to find Notre Dame in these brackets. I'll have to get back to you.

No comments: