Tuesday, July 19, 2005

"American Hiroshima" Graffiti

If this is true, it's a bad bad thing.

Here's the bit that caused my butt to pucker:

At least half the nuclear weapons in the al-Qaida arsenal were obtained for cash from the Chechen terrorist allies.

But the most disturbing news is that high level U.S. officials now believe at least some of those weapons have been smuggled into the U.S. for use in the near future in major cities as part of this "American Hiroshima" plan.

One additional observation re: the speculated dates of an attack:

August 6, the anniversary of the Hiroshima bombing falls on a Saturday this year, meaning the downtowns of the hypothetical target cities will be less crowded. That day may be less attractive to a terrorist because of the fewer potential casualties. On the other hand...

Saturday is the Jewish Sabbath.

But I'm sure this report is just hysterical speculation. I hope.

I may have to cut short my trip to Washington DC. Oops. I've said too much.

No comments: