Friday, July 22, 2005

Blogger in Extreme Pain

I almost hit for the cycle in last night's softball game. Unfortunately, I was unable to come up with a dinger at my last at-bat. I came up short of the fence by about 200 feet.

I hit a triple my previous at bat. It was a beautiful gapper to right-center (the Foot displayed a little power to the opposite field!) I started to pull up at second, then I looked to the outfield and realized how far I had hit the ball. The center fielder was just getting to it, so I turned on the afterburners and headed for third (the Foot displayed his blazing speed!) Unfortunately, my hesitation at second allowed the opposing team the opportunity to make a play on me at third. I had to slide, and I did. Hard.

I was wearing shorts.

I no longer have any skin below my upper thigh on the right side of my body.

Expect my posts today to be in short, clipped sentences, with groans and wails of pain interspersed.

And crabbiness. Lots and lots of crabbiness.

No comments: