Friday, August 05, 2005

Moron Mail: Trivia Victory Edition

In the Strib today:

I recently attended a concert at the 400 Bar in Minneapolis. It was glorious -- an intimate musical setting, intimate with the music but not with the secondhand smoke.

My eyes weren't burning. I didn't have to spit out the smoke taste on my way to the car. I didn't have to leave my clothes on the deck before I entered my home nor did I have to shower to get the smoke out of my hair. And, just maybe, I might live a little bit longer to enjoy my grandchildren.

Wake up, Hennepin County Board, and smell the smoke.

Todd Seabury-Kolod, St. Paul.

Name sounds familiar...

[Googling]

Eh. I guess not. But this tool did take a day off of work to...HOLD A FRICKING SIGN!

Get.

A.

Life.

Anyhoo, we all know what we do here at KAR to moonbat writings. We edit for lucidity!

Deletions indicatied by strikethrough, additions to text in Mauve.

I recently attended a concert the Thursday Night Pub Quiz at the 400Keegan's Pub Bar in Minneapolis. It was glorious -- an intimate musical Irish setting, intimate with the music trivia but not with the secondhand smoke David Strom.

My eyes weren't burning. I didn't have to spit out the smoke taste on my way to the car. I didn't have to leave my clothes on the deck before I entered my home nor did I have to shower to get the smoke out of my hair. I witnesssed one of the most dazzling displays of trivia prowace in recent memory. A team with very little experience at the game, but with a lot of pluck, showed us all how to be true Pub Quiz champions. And, just maybe, I might live a little bit longer to enjoy my grandchildren have a shot - any shot - at ever approaching the trivia greatness of the Learned Dogs.

Wake up, Hennepin County Board Marty Newton, and smell the smoke try to construct a clear and concise sentence.

Todd Seabury-Kolod, St. Paul.

Much, much better.

No comments: