Sunday, August 07, 2005

Nervous in Shoreview

This is going to earn me a world of ka ka from my fellow KoolAiders. But please allow me to express my deep, keen frustration with things.

I'm a Republican. I have been all my life. I vote straight ticket. Why be a wimp? But I live in the Sixth Congressional District, and I have to tell you, I'm dreading this next race.

We have a race of total clowns running in this district!

What are our choices? Phil Krinkie. Sounds like an elf. He's a policy wonk. Not bad, but for Congress?

Cheri Pierson Yecke. A one trick pony if there ever was one. All education, all the time. I just dont' see it.

Jim Knoblach. He should stay in the State Legislature.

And my one-time front runner (for my vote anyway), Michele Bachmann. I have to admit, I used to support her, big-time.

But some of the stuff about her lately kind of distrubs me. Sure, she's more of a social conservative than I'd want in a perfect world. But she seems almost erratic lately.

Like the scene where she was spying on the gay rally at the capitol? Too weird. Like, why? It just doesn't make sense to me.

The only reason I bring this up is because of the extreme irony of this post:
Learned Foot and the Head of Alfredo Garcia over at Kool Aid Report seems rather annoyed at Dump Bachmann's popularity.

Yes, I am annoyed. I think the Dump Bachmann blog is kind of a joke, most of the time. My esteemed colleague Foot calls her the Obsessive Stalker Looser Loser, but since I'm the kinder gentler Koolaidster, I'll just say she seems a wee bit possessed to me.

But between what they've covered and the rest of the things Bachmann has done that have left me wondering, I have to say I'm not looking forward to 2006. I might just move to somewhere, anywhere in the Second District at this rate.

No comments: