Thursday, August 04, 2005

The Starland Vocal Band Can Teach Us a Lot About Space Shuttle Repair

Sound the Taffy Dannoff High-Pitched Mezzo-Soprano Warble!

Sky rockets in flight
Afternoon delight
Afternoon delight
Afternoon delight! -Starland Vocal Band

Astronaut Steve Robinson gave the world an Afternoon Delight yesterday when he successfully completed an unprecedented repair on the belly of a skyrocket in flight - the space shuttle.

Upon completion of the delicate task, Robinson remarked on the timing of the mission: "My motto's always been when it's right, it's right. Why wait until the middle of a cold dark night. When everything's a little clearer in the light of day. And you know the night is always gonna be there any way."

Robinson then asked NASA to relay a message to his wife: "Please be waiting for me, baby, when I come around. We could make a lot of lovin' 'for the sun goes down."

I'm sorry. I can't do this anymore...

No comments: