Friday, October 07, 2005

...And You Just Can't Beat My Dictum

It took FOUR whole days for a prominent conservative to call for the withdrawal of Miers' nomination. To those of you who bet on the "over," congratulations. You win.

The open discussion of the withdrawal of this nomination is certain to have extensive fallout; up to and including providing me an opportunity to write the unfortunate header to this post. But it also affords the administration a chance to appoint a non-Miers.

I humbly offer myself. To wit:

* I have never met George W Bush.

* I attended a third-tier law school; as opposed to the second tier school at which Miers studied.

* Fortunately, that third tier school I attended was not Hamline.

* I am a Catholic in the mold of Scalia and Roberts.

* I am one of the few people on the planet who understands (or, at least, used to understand) federal antitrust law.

* I frequently use phrases like "to wit".

There's a new poll atop the sidebar. Send a message to Washington. Tell them that you want a hand Foot in this decision!

No comments: