Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Outing Update

No, not that outing. Here, I speak of the proposed Second Annual Millard Fillmore Memorial KAR-Nation Open Championship Golf Outing Classic. Tentatively scheduled for "next year".

According to the recent KAR Poll, 11 people are interested in competing for the coveted Royal Purplesaurus Rex Jug at (tentatively) the prestigious TPC at Valleywood. An additional 10 KAR-Nationals thought it might be fun to sit at the TPC-VW's stadium-like 18th green and heckle golfers. Of course, I'm positive that the proprietors of the TPC would require anybody who wishes to do that to play a round first, meaning we have enough participants for 5 foursomes!

Oh, and Gigl voted for "Whitesnake Rules" 5 times, meaning he is banned from the greater Apple Valley area during the event.

But seriously, if you would like to participate (or send me the IP address of the asshole who is harassing MDE), please contact me at koolaidreport (at) yahoo (dot) com so I can compile a list and keep the interested parties apprised of our plans. If we get enough participants (I'm thinking 24 or more) we might be able to have real, non-photoshopped prizes, and perhaps even raise some $$$$ for charity.

Even if you either rarely golf, or don't at all, if enough people sign up, we can do a "scramble" format which would mitigate both the competative disadvantage and the embarrassment stemming from your lack of experience.

And did I mention that there would be beer?

So please drop me a line if you've got the dimpled balls. Or a stiff shaft.

No comments: