Monday, October 17, 2005

This just in...

...The Vikings suck.

I can't stand bandwagon jumpers - on or off - because to jump means you are willing to come and go as with the ups and downs of the team.

My earliest memories of watching the Vikings date back to the late 1960's and I've always been a fan.

No more.

The Minnesota Vikings - indeed all of professional football - has reached a level of dysfunction that leaves me wanting to wretch. For that reason I am giving up on the entire collection of louts.

I don't care if they don't win on Sunday. But when they'd rather get their rocks off - in public -with a gaggle of imported strippers than play the game for which they are handsomely paid, I say screw 'em.

I'm not naieve enough to think what happened on Minnetonka is new, but at least their predecessors had enough humility(?), decency(?), common sense(?) to keep their deeds behind closed doors.

The punks who infest professional sports today seem to believe they are above societal norms and with any luck the managing leagues will begin cracking down on the pigs and send them packing.

But I'm not holding my breath.

No comments: