Friday, November 04, 2005

Defending myself against an anonymous asshole

Regarding this post by Bill, I said provided the following comment - The man Thomas replaced - Justice Marshall - actually said, before he went toes up, that Thomas "is not a real black."

A chicken shit anonymous asshole questioned my comment by adding this - I don't know if truth matters here, but Marshall was DEAD before Thomas was even nominated- or known.So where did you 'hear' that?

Well, my gutless little friend, I have some news for you and it aint gonna make you happy.

Thurgood Marshall died on January 24, 1993. You can click here if you don’t believe
me.

You may recall that the Clarence Thomas/Anita Hill hearings took place during October of 1991. I remember this clearly because the Twins were whipping the Blue Jays in the ALCS at the time.

And, if my memory continues to serve me, Thomas was confirmed well before January of 1993.

So you, my dear misinformed friend are very, very wrong and you owe me a large apology – I’ll take a case of Grain Belt.

As for my source, I can’t remember exactly, but I used the exact quote in a term paper I did for a class called “Rhetorical Dimensions of Race, Class and Gener.” The paper, which I have saved – somewhere – was on the subject of the silencing of conservative blacks by liberal blacks.

It was one hell of a paper and I intend to, one day, revisit it and make it bigger and, if possible, better.

So I guess all that’s left to say is – shut the F&$* up if you don’t know what you’re talking about.

No comments: