Monday, November 14, 2005

Silly Me! I'm Not Oppressive; I'm a Satirist!

It occurs to me that I am not oppressive. I reach this conclusion for three reasons:

1) If I were truly oppressive, everybody would have sent me $100 by now. Nobody has.

2) Pursuant to my exhortations, the Strib would devote their entire Blog House feature to KAR every week. That is, after all, at the root of the drooling imbicile's complaint. I am confident that the Strib will continue to ignore KAR, just as KAR will continue to ignore the Strib's political endorsements.

3) Er, the dictionary:

Oppression:

1 a : unjust or cruel exercise of authority or power; b : something that oppresses especially in being an unjust or excessive exercise of power

Oppress:

1 *** b : to crush or burden by abuse of power or authority

While the insertion of the word "poop" into blog names may be fairly construed to be an "abuse of power or authority," I'm pretty certain that the good folks on KAR's blogroll - up to and including those at The Nihilist in Poopy Golf Pants - never felt crushed or burdened by it.

So, dumbshit, pick your artless, humorless entrails up off the floor and go away.

No comments: