Friday, March 24, 2006

Can this guy really be objective?

By now you’ve all heard about the memo from ABC News Producer John Green.

It said, in part: “Bush makes me sick.” And, “If he uses the 'mixed messages' line one more time, I'm going to puke.”

I think we can all agree that John Green is no fan of the President. More importantly, however, I hope we can agree that it is humanly impossible for him to keep his natural bias from tainting the news. This is not an indictment of him. It is, pure and simple, human nature.

We all have our biases and we can’t turn them off in an effort to be objective. I couldn’t and you couldn’t.

I just wish they – the John Green’s of the world – would admit to their bias rather than pretending they’re independents (who happen to vote democrat 90% of the time) or that they are capable of preventing their bias from showing.

No comments: