Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Not so fast Governor Pawlenty

I’m not willing to join the governor in calling for forgiveness of Lyin’-Dean Johnson (I want to continue beating him up over this for a while). After all, according to Governor Pawlenty, "Senator Johnson has admitted being untruthful."

I hate to contradict The Guv, but, Liar-Liar-Pants-On-Fire Johnson has done no such thing.

On the contrary, he’s been dancing so much for the last week; one might think he’s in training for a worthless reality TV program. It started with an admission to “embellishing” his story, then he moved on to “sanding the truth.”

I’m waiting for this vaunted man-of-the-cloth to step up and say, “I lied. I said I spoke with members of the Minnesota Supreme Court and I didn’t. I brought into question the integrity of the Minnesota Supreme Court and, most specifically, the members I mentioned by name.

“Further more,” he continues, “I am a lying sack of dung that deserves to be thrown out of my leadership position and, if my constituents wish, out of office. In addition, I want my wife to know that I’ve never actually held an evening meeting of my caucus. In reality, I’ve been tossing back the tequila buying lap dances at The Lamplighter.”

Am I asking for too much?

No comments: