Tuesday, April 18, 2006

In need of a brain transplant

At the very least, John Sipe of Cottage Grove needs a new memory. As proof I offer the first sentence from the letter John wrote to the SPPP:

Our Republican friends wanted DOMA, and we let them have it.

Join me in the Way Back Machine John and we’ll revisit the DOMA craze.

The Defense of Marriage Act (DOM) was signed by…hold on to your pea-sized brain…President Bill Clinton. At the time he signed it HE said:

“I remain opposed to same-sex marriage. I believe marriage is an institution for the union of a man and a woman. This has been my long-standing position, and it is not being reviewed or reconsidered."

As further proof that DOMA was not a Republican only issue, the senate vote was 85-14 in favor of DOMA.

Try as you might, one cannot spin an 85-14 vote as the Republicans ramming DOMA down the throats of the people.

Even the Liberal Messiah, Paul Wellstone, voted in favor of DOMA.

Now, just so you don’t think I’m being a partisan here, I don’t give a damn who marries whom, but I do care when hacks like John try to make their point by revising history.

Try again, John.

No comments: