Thursday, April 13, 2006

Moron Mail

Empty:

In her April 11 commentary, "When rallying 'round flag can send the wrong message," Mona Charen wrote, "it would be fitting for [illegal immigrants] to remember that gratitude is becoming: entitlement is not."

I couldn't agree more. In fact, I'd like to see more people like Mona Charen -- white, well-educated, English-speaking -- exhibit more of that ever-rarer commodity, gratitude. Gratitude for the fact that they weren't born into poverty, or born with dark skin.

DINK WIENERBARF, MINNEAPOLIS.

OK, Dink as a white, well-educated English-speaking person, I have to ask:

To whom should this gratitude be directed?

To our parents? How do you know we already haven't?

To God? Oh yeah - can't do that. The very mention of God causes bed-wetting canniption fits in a-holes like you.

As long as we're talking about gratitude...

I - and many others like me - pay more than the per capita figure of income taxes in this state. And don't even get me started on I$D 196's biannual extorion efforts.

Yet not once have any of us ever received a "thank you" from people like you. Instead, we get browbeaten about how we aren't paying our "fair share" (whatever that means) or how we're "cheap." Or in the case of I$D 196, we get a "justifying our existence" press release. Not even a "howdy" sent out to all those non-district employees who stayed home for the referendum election.

How about a little gratitude? Oh that's right - I'm not yet paying my "fair share".

Fuck you.

No comments: