Friday, July 21, 2006

Hillary to the rescue

Hillary Clinton must be the smartest woman in the world. She’s worried about Big-(insert industry here) planting computer chips in the heads of our children:

"At the rate that technology is advancing, people will be implanting chips in our children to advertise directly into their brains and tell them what kind of products to buy," Clinton said at the Kaiser Family Foundation.

"People are spending billions and billions of dollars enticing children basically to be obsessed with food," she said. "These foods are almost universally unhealthy." Clinton has offered legislation to study the effects of the "advertising-saturated, media-intense" world on kids.

AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

Save our children, oh great Hillary. Save them because we parents are:

Too Goddamned dumb to monitor what our kids are watching, eating and playing and,

Too Goddamned dumb to realize junk food aint good for our kids.

I wish I was smart like you, Hillary. I know you’re smart because the feminists have been telling me you are since 1989.

I thought you was dumb, like me. See, I figured any woman who would put up with a husband who screws anything with a vagina, whether they want it or not, can’t be all that smart. But even women who generally hate men seem to love Bill – some in a
non-carnal way – so you must know what you are doing.

I want to sincerely thank you for the warning. I’ll be sure to keep my eye on the kids from now on. I usually just let them run roughshod over me and their mom, letting them do what they wish because, to be honest, parenting is hard work and I feel better if government would take over for me.

LEARNEDFOOT ADDS: Come to think of it, it wouldn't be nearly as difficult to keep some advertising flak from performing brain surgery on the young'uns as it would keeping the Snickers Bars out of said young'uns' gullets.

Either way you cut it, its manufactured alarmism from a presidential aspirant that sees her chances slipping by the day. Thanks for the heads up on the brain chip thing though anyway, Hil.

LEARNEDFOOT FURTHER ADDS: Should the person with quite possibly the most famous cottage cheese thighs in the world really be excoriating the evils of junk food adverising?

No comments: