Sunday, August 27, 2006

Iron Maiden Can Teach Us a Lot About How the Boys in the LearnedFoot Household Roll When They're Left Alone

A lucky escape for now, young man. -- Iron Maiden.

(I've been neglecting the lessons to be drawn from Seventh Son, so consider this a makeup post for that. -ed.)

My wife's grandmother passed away earlier this month. As a result she has had to shuttle back and forth between here and Seattle a couple times to help look after her now widowed 89 year old grandfather. So I'm alone again with the kids this weekend.

However, unlike last time, I haven't had to bear the burden of minding my two ADHD / psycho spawn by myself. MamaFoot and Noted Marquette Alumnus Denbo spent the weekend with us. They helped ease the burden, and we also all had a great day at the fair yesterday (more about that later). And today, my lovely sister in law offered to take The Girl off my hands; so tonight she's enjoying a slumber party with her cousins.

And so it's just me...

...and The Boy.

The evil that men do... - Iron Maiden

The Boy and I had a marvelous time tonight. We enjoyed a steak dinner, and then retired to the deck for drinks and conversation:




You'll pay for your mischief. -- Iron Maiden.

Good thing Mrs. Foot hardly ever reads KAR anymore...



Of course, she'll probably start reading it again now.

Your fate is sealed. -- Iron Maiden.

Yeah. I'm probably going to pay for this.

Oh well. Henceforth, the Boy shall be known as "Moonchild." Unless he is in his destructive state of mind, in which case I'll refer to him as "Wrathchild".

So it shall be written. So it shall be done. -- Iron Maiden.

OK. That's enough.

No comments: