Thursday, October 05, 2006

Embrace the Boner

TO: All KARnies

FROM: LearnedFoot, KAR Managing Editor

Re: Stylesheet update

I'm sure you are all by now aware of the Big Story involving Mark Foley. And while Foley's actions are likely to be disasterous for his victims, himself and his party, something positive has resulted from the whole imbroglio. Personally, I have rediscovered the wonderful word "boner".

For the longest time, that beautifully amusing word had been shoved into the back of my subconscious. There had been opportunities in the past to use "boner" here on KAR, but for some reason the word didn't occur to me. There was one notable exception way back in February, but it only appeared as a double entendre; not in its proper spelling and form. Yes, until now, the favored word has always been "poop"; but one frisky and deranged politician changed all that.

I've probably used "boner" ten or twelve times in the last few days. I'm sure we all agree that "boner" never fails to elicit a smile. It's a fabulous word. I feel that "boner" should be used as much as possible.

While I encourage everyone to continue using "poop," - it remains a great word - a conscious effort should henceforth be made to stick a "boner" in your posts every once in a while.

And I am by no means limiting this new stylistic direction to just the four KARnies. I encourage anyone commenting on this fine Thunderjournal to whip out a "boner" whenever the opportunity arises.

No comments: