Monday, January 01, 2007

2006: Good Bye to a Shitty-Ass Year

Well, 2007 is beginning quite differently than 2006 ended. There's certainly no want for material. On Saturday, the Strib printed the dumbest editorial I have ever seen. Then, yesterday, they damn near outdumbed it.

Then you've got everybody's least-favorite know-nothing know-it-all tool once again throwing around legal terms as though he's an expert or something (his acquaintance to those who have entered the noble profession notwithstanding), even though it is crystal clear that he hasn't a clue what those terms mean.

And then there's the latest evidence that The Nihilist in Golf Pants is a knob, Mitch's poker-related largesse last night, and some really great moronic letters to the Strib.

So now I've got material...but no time to write about it. I barely have enough free time to barf out this post. I'm still running on the 2006 luck.

Mrs. Foot has her surgery tomorrow. I'll probably still post this week, but in a more erratic pattern.

Anyhoo, I think we can all agree that whatever the last 365-odd days - give or take a few- were, they sucked mightily. I'm not even going to get into it. If you've read this ThunderJournal for any length of time, no elaboration is necessary.

2006 was a wasted year. Here's hoping 2007 is one of those "golden years" Iron Maiden keeps telling me about:


No comments: