Thursday, March 08, 2007

Stone vs. Iron

Yeah, I've still got nothing. But I do have an ipod (Now with 90% more tunes!).

While loading up my ipod with yummy aural goodness last night, I noticed that the content was a little heavy on Iron Maiden and Stone Temple Pilots. I know: shocking. I thought to myself, "You know, I could really use this to waste some bandwidth." So I devised a simple game that utilizes the best of the "Random 10" meme and my narrow musical taste:

STONE vs. IRON

The rules are simple: I shuffle the songs in my ipod and see how many times an STP or Iron Maiden song pops up in the first 10 played.

Simple? You bet!

Waste of time? Certainly!

Fun? Eh.

Let's see how this shakes out:

1. Prisoner - Iron Maiden

(The Irons are first out of the gate!)

2. Press Play - STP

(This hardly qualifies as a song, but rules is rules. We're tied at 1.)

3. Crackerman - STP

(This one really qualifies as a song. STP takes the lead, 2 to 1.)

4. Synchronicity 1 - The Police

(How'd that get in there? Score remains 2-1, STP)

5. Learn to Fly - Foo Fighters

(Sweet song. But again, no points.)

4. The Trooper - Iron Maiden

(YESSSSS!!!! "On this battlefield no one wins..." Well, we'll see. We're tied at 2.)

3. Naked Sunday - STP

(STP's now up 3-2. Can they clinch it with the next song?)

2. Hallowed Be Thy Name - Iron Maiden

(Denied! Tied at 3.)

1. Come Back - Foo Fighters

Ladies and Gentlemen, we have a tie! We go to sudden death overtime!

OT1. Aurora - Foo Fighters

The pod seems to have a thing for Nothing Left to Lose, apparently.

OT2. The Prophecy - Iron Maiden

The Irons pull it out of the fire!!!!!

Once again, the final score: Iron Maiden 4, Stone Temple Pilots 3 in double overtime. Until next time, this LearnedFoot saying "So long" and "Tune in next time"!

No comments: