Monday, May 14, 2007

The Fascists won't stop with smoking

Now that the House and Senate have passed the Private Property Rights Evisceration Act by banning smoking everywhere but in the privacy of your own bathroom, I’ve concluded that the Fascists in favor of the ban have a very odd perception of the concept of rights. The perception is embodied in the following letter found in the Star & Sickle:

Whose freedom?

A statewide smoking ban would be an erosion of whose freedom? The freedom of smokers to contaminate my airspace without my consent? Or my freedom to breathe clean air?

JULIE MELLUM, MINNEAPOLIS

Julie, you ignorant, selfish, Fascist slut. Who the fuck are you to tell anyone how to run their business or how to live their life? Where do you get off forcing your lifestyle on the rest of the world?

Now I get it.

You have issues so you want the legislature to punish anyone who doesn’t accommodate you. That, Julie, is the epitome of selfishness.

But, being a magnanimous sort, I found a solution to your problem that doesn’t include shredding the rights of others and all it took was an internet connection and the right search term.

Suit up.

No comments: