Friday, May 04, 2007

I Had Totally Forgotten About That Turd!

Back when I was growing up in Milwaukee in the 80's, the City's Common council was of such a quality that it would make Minneapolis' (or St. Paul's, for that matter) City Council of today look like the Algonquin Round Table. One of the chief reasons for that was the presence of a certain psycho race baiting alderman, Michael McGee.

Oh, he was a treasure. And if I had a blog back then, I could have devoted 99% of its content to Mad Mike (the other 1% being split between dumb letters to the editor and calls for the fashion industry to invent thongs). There was no event too bland that he would refuse to cast in the most racially polarizing light possible. If the Mayor of Brookfield petted a dog in Walker's point, he'd cry "RACISM!!!" and demand an inquest. And while he had the Sharptonesque race-baiting down pat, he also possessed a talent for attention whoring that would make Jesse Jackson take notes. As I recall, one of his favorite tactics would be to take a few of his Black Panther Wannabe droogs to public speeches or press conferences, where they'd blow referee whistles to disrupt the proceedings and draw attention to themselves.

Thankfully, McGee no longer sits on the Council. He's left that to Junior, so he could pursue a career in radio. And I had long forgotten him. Until I saw this today:

A former alderman and controversial radio talk show host said he's happy the mother of his radio rival is dead.

Michael McGee Sr. made the comments during his radio show on WNOV-AM Thursday morning. Charlie Sykes is a radio talk show host on WTMJ-AM. Sykes' mother, Katherine B. Sykes, died in a house fire Tuesday. The Ozaukee County Coroner said Thursday that Sykes died of smoke inhalation
.

Here's what he said. Given what I remember about McGee, I'm pretty sure his comment was cleaned up for grammar and syntax:

"Mother Sykes, she (sic) dead. To me it's the vengeance of God. I ain't (sic) got no (sic) tears. Matter of fact (sic) a woman that would have a fool like that deserve (sic) whatever is coming her (sic). She raised a sure enough (sic) idiot," McGee said on his radio show. "My instincts say Charlie Sykes killed his momma, cuz (sic) she live (sic) out in this big palace in Mequon all isolated (sic). He got tired of waiting for her money."

Wow.

But I'm sure he job be safe. (sic) After all, this doesn't really rise to the level of "nappy headed hos".

Stay tuned for a great "Separated at Birf."

No comments: