Friday, June 22, 2007

Minocqua Calling

(Sung to the tune of the Clash's "London Calling")

Minocqua calling to the faraway towns
Frivolity is declared - and the Foots come on down
Minocqua calling to the jaded world
There's beer in the fridge, you boys and girls
Minocqua calling, now don't look at us
Try to waterski drunk without biting the dust
Minocqua calling, golf clubs to swing
'Cept if it rains - we do the gambling thing

CHORUS
Vacation is coming, the sun's zooming in
Meltdown expected, patience growing thin
Pack up the children, wife and our gear
'Cause Minocqua is calling and I gotta get the hell outta here

Minocqua calling, to get lit up and zone
Forget it, brother, I may never come home
Minocqua calling to the zombies of beer
Quit holding out - fill the mug up to here
Minocqua calling - and I don't wanna shout
But while we were sunning I saw you nodding out
Minocqua calling, your sunsets I hail
Watching them from the patio of the Thirsty Whale

CHORUS x2
Vacation is coming, the sun's zooming in
Engines stop running, let the drinking begin!
A pleasant era, and I have no fear
Unless Moonchild gets into the fireworks and beer

Now get this
Minocqua calling, yes, there I will go
An' you know who's taking over? The Head of Alfredo!
Minocqua calling - I'm going away
And after all this, I'll be back on Thursday!
Minocqua Calling

I never felt so much alive

No comments: