Thursday, August 30, 2007

Attempted Anonymous Lavatory Sex Results in Unrelated Poll

So that post I wrote yesterday (which launched KAR to record-low traffic levels) about the Republican Senator trying to get his pole shined at the airport, and the drooling lefty bloggers, and the conventions of signaling ones desire to have nasty hairy-butted man sex in the bathroom, and my new-found fear of pooping in the airport inspired quite the brainworm. The last 24 hours, several key concepts in that post kept swirling around in my head.

Conventions.

Pole

Bloggers.

Republican.

Pooping.

Conventions.

Republican.

Pole.

Pooping.

Bloggers.

Conventions.

...Until I had an "Aha!" moment. It was a sign. I arranged those random words into a coherent idea:

Pole Poll about Bloggers at the Republican Convention. Pooping!

I believe the first-ever "bloggers row" was seen at the last national party nominating conventions. And I have a strong feeling that the bloggers - whose importance and influence has only increased since then (except for us) - will be invited back to cover the conventions in aught-eight. And I think it would be a nice gesture on the part of whoever decides such things, to throw a few credentials in the direction of some of the host city's best center-right bloggers (and ThunderJournalists).

Now I know there will be no shortage of us who would jump at the chance to meet the powerful, network with other prominent bloggers, pick up some sweet swag, and throw a Molotov Cocktail right back at the bratty attention-starved trust-fund babies that will be present near the Xcel Center. I know I would. So to that end, I have put a poll up on the sidebar listing some of the best and the brightest in the area. I couldn't include everyone I wanted to (pollhost only allows 20 answer choices), so I culled the list down to only those bloggers that I read regularly, have some blogging cred, get at least a smidgen of traffic and don't (usually) suck. I think the list hits all of the biggies, anyway.

You can vote for as many as you like at one time (I suggest 5) per computer, per day. I fully expect the powers that be to honor this poll, and credential the top 5 local bloggers / ThunderJournalists for bloggers' row.

But remember: should you find yourself one of the lucky ones blogging from the Convention next year, please, for the love of God, avoid the restrooms.

No comments: