Wednesday, January 09, 2008

A Couple of Notes About That Last Post

1) After a little deliberation, I settled on "Tic" to represent the brand of the Party Opposite. I thought it appropriate given the widely used leftist meme of pillorying someone who refers to that party as the "Democrat Party" rather than the "DemocraTIC Party"; presumably to avoid the embarrassment of having to address the substantive arguments of the declarant. It's not easy being stupid so every little rhetorical gimmick helps, I guess.

In the past, I have lampooned this absurd affectation by referring to the Democrat Party with varying and inappropriate suffixes, for example: "Democratosian Party." Upon further reflection, I think it quite appropriate to modify this particular running gag so that instead of the various and sundry inappropriate suffixes, I will henceforth merely use "Tic Party" when referring to the "Democrat Party."

I think this new jab covers all the bases. For one, a frequent rejoinder you may encounter from some kool aid addled jerkoff employing the Ic meme goes something like "It's the party of democracy, therefore it's the DemocratIC Party. Meh, I'm a big poopy pants." This is complete and utter crap (other than the poopy pants part). The Democrat Party is not the party of Democracy any more than the Hugo Chavez's is. But since I'm a fair guy, I'll meet them half-way by granting them their precious "ic", while removing the blatant falsehood that lies in the root of the party's name.

Second, I think it entirely apt to refer to the Democrat Party with a word that means "involuntary spastic movement." You know - "knee jerk liberal" and all that. Also, this new term is a homonym for a blood sucking parasite. That's all kinds of win.

So from now on, when you see the word "Tic" (capitalized, of course) I am referring to the party of Chavez-worshiping, knee-jerk parasites. I encourage you all to do the same.

2) In yesterday's piece, I had all kinds of metaphors flying around. Some were intended to have a one-to-one relationship with their temporal counterparts while others were meant to be taken a little more broadly. However, the one object in that post that I intended to be taken literally was the bacon. By which I meant (if you haven't already figured it out) that if Huckabee is the GOP nominee, I will be writing in "bacon" in the presidential space on my ballot in November in a very real, nonmetaphorical way.

I know I am not alone, and I encourage you all to do the same.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Кладбища – перевалочный пункт вечности
!!!