Tuesday, March 25, 2008

From The Files of Molly Priesmeyer

After the furor caused by Molly Priesmeyer's diagnosis of John McCain's teeth, I did a little googling to find some of Ms. Priesmeyer's other work.

I was shocked at what I found.

January, 2005: Molly Priesmeyer writing about TV coverage from Indonesia:

"Not to be snarky, but don't those people know about washing machines and hair dryers? Everyone's like, totally, wet and muddy. HellOO, care to get some of the mud off? Doyy".

Summer, 1994: Molly Priesmeyer writing about Rwanda:

"Like, I totally know that "armism" and "headism" are totally western imperialist constructs designed by dead white males, but hellOO, could you wash the blood or like, whatever off at least?"

Thursday, April 22, 1993: Molly Priesmeyer at the dedication of the US Holocaust Museum:

"There were lots of grody displays and stuff, but I kept getting all distracted by those guys in the tacky beards - like, mullets on the fronts of your face, hellOO?, and those beanie caps. "Yarmulke" is such a funny word. I laughed"

In the summer of 2004, covering the murder of four Blackwater contractors in Fallujah:
Like, hellOOO? Don't you people know "Meat is Murder?"
And finally, in March of 2008, writing in response to Jeff Fecke:
Like, HellOOO, I am not a racist or a sexist nor an ass-kisser. Totally.
I'm still looking.

No comments: