Tuesday, July 29, 2008

A Sad Goodbye

This is hard, so please be patient with me.

As many of you know, I have been covering the Packers beat here at KAR since, I think, the dark days of the Bob Slowik administration. I have been with this ThunderJournal through all its successes, and also its myriad failures. I have led. I have persevered. I have taken KAR to the summit like so many other great leaders such as Joe Montana and, er... Dan Marino. Indeed, I have become the face of KAR.

But now, the fire is gone. My heart is just not in it any more. So today, I am announcing my retirement from ThunderJournalism.

Make no mistake. My decision is not based on any animosity with any of my blogmates or the editorial direction of this ThunderJournal. I love these...

Excuse me one moment while I weep...

...

I love these guys. I have no disagreements with LearnedFoot, and we had a nice discussion just before I wrote this, my final post. We are parting on the best of terms. But that time comes for everyone when you have to hang up the keyboard, move on and make way for the next generation. I have nothing but confidence in my Packerblogging successor here, the Analog Kid. I remain certain that he will fill the role I leave open adequately.

I'd like to take this time to thank LearnedFoot for giving me a chance. I thank my fellow KARnies for their unwavering indifference. And most of all, I'd like to thank you, my reader. Your comments and your criticisms have been invaluable to me over the years, and I am better for them.

So, this is it. My final post. The last one ever. Forever. I take my leave now, good sirs.

Goodbye.

Forever.

I really mean it.

Bye.

No comments: