Monday, October 20, 2008

I Cannot Disagree With the Logic, But Still...

The following actual conversation occurred between me and my almost-four year old son Moonchild yesterday while watching the Packer game. It has been only slightly embellished for dramatic effect.

MOONCHILD: Daddy?

LEARNEDFOOT: Yes?

MC: I like football.

LF: I like football too.

MC: I like the Vikings!

LF: YOU'RE NO SON OF MINE!!!!

MC: I liiiiike the Vikings.

LF: What - after all these years of indoctrination and self-discovery, you like the hated Purple?

MC: [Not listening] Can I have some steak?

LF: [Not listening] Even Viking fans hate the Vikings.

MC: Mmmmhmmm. But I like 'em.

LF: Go to your room!

MC: No!

LF: OK, fine. But why do you like the Vikings?

MC: Because they lose all the time.

LF: I just CANNOT BELIEVE than my son - wait... what?

MC: They lose all the time.

LF: I - I... well, uh... OK then.

MC: Can I have some steak now?

No comments: