Who should get our help in tough times? The people who brought us the:
• 1926 Ford Model T
• 1932 Ford Deuce Coupe
• 1939 Lincoln Continental
• 1941 Willys Jeep
• 1955 Ford Thunderbird
• 1956 Chevrolet Nomad wagon
• 1957 Chevrolet Two Door
• 1963 Corvette Stingray
• 1964 Ford Mustang
• 1971 Plymouth Hemi Cuda?
Or banks and insurance companies? Name 10 classic American products from your bank or insurance company.
KEITH BONERS, WAYZATA
Ooooo! I love a challenge. I'll even go one better:
TOP 11 CLASSIC AMERICAN PRODUCTS FROM YOUR BANK OR INSURANCE COMPANY
11. Viatical settlements
10. Certificates of deposit
9. 20-year term life insurance
8. Free toaster when you open an account
7. 30-year conventional mortgage loans
6. TOTALLY FREE CHECKING!1!11!!!
5. Hot bank tellers
4. Passbook savings accounts
3. Accidental death or dismemberment benefits
2. Credit cards that earn you frequent flier miles
1. Compound interest
I'm also willing to bet that your normal personle possesses more things on my list than on Boners'.
(And as a telling side note, you may have noticed that the most recent "great car" the writer mentions last rolled off the assembly lines some 37 years ago.)