Tuesday, December 16, 2008

What You Want, Baby I Got It

What this ThunderJournal needs, is more Aretha!



R-E-S-P-E-C-T
Find out what it means to me!
R-E-S-P-E-C-T!
Take out some PCP!

Ohhhh

Sock it to me sockittome sockittomesockittome sockittome sockittome sockittome

*ahem*

Speaking of respect, Jeff Rosenberg has some lessons for us about that topic:

Seriously? Do the righties really want to make this into an issue?

I thought they hated Clinton, but clearly the hatred and lack of respect they showed Bill Clinton are nothing compared to what they will unleash on Barack Obama. They have no respect — not for Obama, not for our most basic institutions, and not for you, the American voter.

I’ve said over and over that it’s time for the Republican party to stop being the party of attacks and start being a party of ideas. Clearly, they have no interest in moving in that direction
.

You can only imagine Jeff's diminutive frame leaping up and down, arms flailing and legs akimbo as he types that - if such an act were physically possible - is a spastic display of outrage.

Indulge me a short digression here, but I think the word "spaz" is long overdue for a comeback. The word just rolls off the tongue, and evokes in its beholder an exquisitely accurate mental picture of the noun it modifies. Just like KAR brought back the words "boner" and "wiener", I think it's time we try to reestablish "spaz" to its rightful place in the internet lexicon.

And also "clod". Love that word, but haven't seen it since the last time I read Mad Magazine.

Anyway, where was I. Oh yeah: Rosenberg is outraged - OUTRAGED! - that "righties" don't respect "you". What was the impetus of this little tirade? It is, of course, the zombie issue (in that it won't die, and it eats your brains) of Barack Obama's citizenship.

Rosenberg links to the story about the Supreme Courts rejection of cert to some crackpot who sued on this issue.

The Supreme Court has dismissed a second emergency appeal questioning Barack Obama's eligibility to be president because he had dual British-American citizenship at birth.

The justices without comment on Monday refused to intervene in the November 4 presidential election, dismissing the claims of Cort Wrotnowski, a resident of Greenwich, Connecticut.

Though I know nothing about this person, I will concede for the sake of argument that this Cort guy is a "righty". I will also point out that no one name "Cort" should ever be taken seriously. However, as the article mentions, there is another case on the same subject working through the courts. Had Rosenberg any, er, respect for the facts, his readers or even those evil smearboating "righties", he might have checked out the man who is pushing that one and who is mentioned in the last paragraph of that brief article. Philip J Berg.

A Democrat.

What's that you say, Jeff?

I’ve said over and over that it’s time for the Republican party to stop being the party of attacks and start being a party of ideas. Clearly, they have no interest in moving in that direction.

Indeed.



I'd be remiss in my obligation to appeal to the lowest common denominator (hi Ryan!), if I didn't also point out the webad on the sidebar:







She may only sleep with Democrats, but for five dollars she'll give anybody a blow job to support her apparent meth habit.

[facepalm]

Oh, now there I go making baseless assumptions. Sorry.

All I'm asking for, is a little respect.

No comments: