Monday, March 09, 2009

Iron Maiden, Supertramp, David Bowie, Yes and Iron Maiden Can Teach Us a Lot About the Future of Blogging

Times change very quickly and you have to grow up early. Ch-ch-ch-changes changing places, so I must be moving on. My heart is heavy as I turn my back and leave.

-- Iron Maiden, David Bowie, Yes, Supertramp and Iron Maiden

As you may have noticed, my output has been a bit thin lately. Running a ThunderJournal is hard work, and -

OK, I'll wait for you to stop laughing.

...

Any time now...

...

...

Thank you.

Anyway, a ThunderJournal is a demanding mistress. If you've got enough game to build a readership, those readers tend to expect you to bring it it every day. You come to exist solely for their own amusement. Which is fine I guess. But it necessarily follows that if you want to keep your readership you have to bring it every day. With geometrically increasing work responsibilities, an awesome family and much lower tolerance for exposing myself to the abject stupidity that served as so much fodder for this ThunderJournal over the last 4-plus years, I simply cannot do that anymore.

But I can't quit either, because I'm just so damn awesome.

So, effective immediately, I will be blogging full time (approx. 2 posts per week) at the Nihilist in Golf Pants. There, I can do my thing without having to worry about shlepping out a post every day. I'm sure most readers see this as a natural fit that will finally allow that great blog to take it to the next level; kind of like what David Beckham did for the popularity of American soccer.

Wait...no. That's a bad example.

Well, whatever. I'll be bringing all the old KAR stuff with me: Sisyphus Open Threads, Bobo the Foul-Mouthed Chimp, the occasional Moron Mail, Gay Sasquatch and all the other things. The only difference will be that most of these things will be organized into handy, easy to write 11-item lists. NIGP's Managing editor has only put 2 restrictions on my contributions:

1) No pictures of Ryan's ass; and

2) I'm only allowed one f-bomb per post, except in extraordinary circumstances (like the Dow hitting 5,000 or the Gopher's Hockey team losing to Holy Cross in the tournament again.)

That said, KAR will remain open for the following 2 purposes:

1) Pictures of Ryan's ass;

2) Any and all MilF-related material.

Yes, THE MILF WILL GO ON. Forever. So if you're a MilFer, keep KAR on your RSS feed for the latest on all things MilF.

Big thanks to my original cohort, Bill, and also to Iron Matron who picked up the Art Direction duties when Bill lost interest in them. And I'd also like to give a shout out to Jeffy the Wingnut Slayer who provided so much material (directly or indirectly) over the years and showed me just how fucking imbecilic some people can be.

I'm not shutting KAR down, so anyone who has permissions to post here, may continue to do so.

See you over at Nihilist in Golf pants. I'll have a post up there in about 9 minutes.

No comments: